Wednesday, January 11, 2012
CAIRO 2012 v0.4
I’m releasing the latest version of the 2012 CAIRO projections today, version 0.4. They can be downloaded at the following link:
- Moved players to new teams and moved all unsigned players into a free agent pool
- Added projections for Yoennis Céspedes, Wei-Yin Chen, Trevor Bauer and Hisahi Iwakuma.
- Added starter projections for Alfredo Aceves, Daniel Bard, Aroldis Chapman, Kris Medlen and Chris Sale.
- Added wOBA platoon splits for hitters who’ve played in the majors. You can substitute whatever wOBA projection you want and it will re-calculate them.
- There were a few bugs in my pitching projections which have been corrected. RA/ERA are more in line with what they should be based on the peripherals. I’ve also fixed a problem with the way pitcher WAR was being calculated.
- And of course, no new version of CAIRO can be released without taking the Marcels and changing the underlying assumptions and components in a bunch of ways that make the Yankees look better, so that was done as well. The Yankees should now project to win about 140 games.